Dr. med, FRACP
Timaru Gastroenterology is the practice of Dr Thomas Caspritz, attached to Aorangi Surgical Group.
Thomas was appointed as a Consultant Gastroenterologist and General Physician at Timaru Hospital.
He holds vocational (specialist) registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
The New Zealand Conjoint Committee for the Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy has recognised his training and experience for Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy.
Thomas attended Hannover Medical School, Germany and gained international Experience in Tel Aviv and Sydney. He trained in General Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology in large academic teaching hospitals in Hannover and Bonn, Germany.
His dissertation and research work in Germany was titled: "Expression of the transcription facter c/ebp beta in intestinal epithelial cells and in the inflamed colon of mice and humans."
Thomas came to New Zealand in December 2012 and lives in Timaru with his wife and 2 children.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) 2014
- Specialist Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology (Germany) 2010
- Specialist Internal Medicine (Germany) 2008
- State Exam Med (MHH, Hannover, Germany) 2002
- New Zealand Society of Gastroenterology (NZSG)
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- German Society of Internal Medicine (DGIM)